Zumba dance fitness is hot and so are shoes for Zumba. It is important to ask what are the best shoes for your dance workout and the answer is actually quite simple!
The best shoes for Zumba are the ones with the best fit! Since Zumba or any dance workout is a fitness workout, “dance shoes”, as you might know them, such as ankle-strap shoes with heels or ballet slippers, just won’t work.
A Zumba workout is fun but can be hard on your feet. Your shoes for Zumba fitness require a combination of great fit and great support for the best performance.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the right shoes for Zumba.
1. The best and safest shoe is an athletic cross-trainer or a shoe specifically made for fitness dance. Both types work well for your best dancing action.
2. Shoes should be light-weight with no grips on the soles. You will need to pivot easily and without sticking to the floor. Your feet should bend comfortably in your shoes.
3. Soles should be shock absorbing since most dance fitness routines require some jumping and bouncing. You want your shoes to take the hit, not your heels and arches.
4. Steer clear of running shoes or shoes made for sports. These usually have a tougher, less flexible sole and can actually cause injury to a dancer. Shoes for Zumba and fitness dance are constructed differently.
5. A gel insole inserted into your shoes can add to your comfort and foot protection.
Everybody’s feet are different and all of the popular athletic shoe brands offer shoes for Zumba, dance aerobics, or athletic trainers to fit your feet for your best performance.
Well-made athletic dance shoes that fit properly are the best shoes for Zumba!
Caroline Michaels’ blogs and articles focus on product reviews, news, and consumer education. In addition to authoring and publishing, Caroline is an Internet Marketing entrepreneur, business consultant, and enthusiastic sports fan.
Find More Athletic Trainer Articles